Pest Problem Areas Around Your Home
The insect problem areas of your home may or may not
be as big a surprise as you would think. Remember that
most all pests have three main things in common, the need
for Air, Water, and Food. For those reasons, our exterminators
know that the two easiest places for pests to thrive will
be your Kitchen/Dining Room, and your bathroom.
The Kitchen/Dining Room area is usually the biggest problem
area for most people, due to the fact that there is an
abundance of two key ingredients, Food, and Water. Most
insects can be found in cabinets and/or pantry areas,
due to most grain foods, sugars, pastas, and most basic
staples of cooking found in every home, and the reason
why they congregate in these areas would be the same as
we humans would, necessity. If a pest can go two feet
and have all he can eat and drink, why would he travel
The Bathroom area presents another resource for pests,
A dark, wet, and cool place away from the elements of
the outside world. Again they have plenty of moisture
to survive, and have found a place where they can nest,
and breed easily due to the fact that they are contained
in an environment that provides what they need. Bathrooms
can easily attract a multitude of species of insects,
so it also makes it a feeding ground for most common species
of spiders as well.
Insect Pest Control Tips
The easiest way for us to help you eliminate these target
areas as problem areas is simple and easy to remember
- Place all pantry foods in plastic sealed containers.
This will help eliminate over half of your basic insect
and pest problems.
- Wipe down all surfaces after every meal, or preparation of meals. This keeps small food particles out of reach, and off of the floors.
- Clean your garbage disposal, food particles build up on the cutting blades and cause odor, and attractants for insects of all kinds.
- Plants, indoor plants are a breeding ground for pests, soil, water and plant life, it is as close to being in their natural habitat as being outside. If you keep plants inside do not over water them, this causes many pest problems to develop.
- Clean your drains regularly, materials build up in
this area and cause odors that again can draw pests
to this location.
- Wet laundry, sustained moisture can help any pests
that wish to breed or just nest for a while.
- Trash bins, need to be emptied regularly, any dense
material or compacted material can make a great place
for spiders to set up and attract food.
- Standing Water, like a day at the pool for the kids,
this is a playground for pests.
This is the first step for insect and pest prevention.
Our technicians can help you eliminate more difficult
Insect Pest Control Service Area
Killingsworth Environmental is one of the leading pest
control companies in North and South Carolina. We proudly
Gastonia and Charlotte
insect pest control services and exceptional customer care.