Get a free quote
If you have questions about our services, plans, or pricing we are here for you. Fill out the form below and we will communicate with you by email (and of course provide you with a free estimate).
FEBRUARY 01 2022 /
According to CBS News, Charlotte is the 30th worst U.S. city for bed bugs. But luckily for you, Killingsworth is located in Charlotte and it's our number one priority to protect you and your home from these creepy crawlies!
In hopes of educating local Charlotteans, we've created a list of 10 common, non-residential environments where bed bugs may typically be found along with tips and tricks on how to avoid them.
First and foremost, bed bugs do not discriminate. Many people assume bed bugs are only associated with lower class, unsanitary living quarters, but popular to the contrary belief, they can be found absolutely anywhere. They seek human blood and that resource can be found in rags and riches. Even Charlotte, an extremely clean and wealthy city, is ranked among the worst U.S. cities for these critters! It's easy to think, 'I'll never have a bed bug infestation,' but they are a lot more prevalent than people think.
2. Movie theaters
3. Any mode of public transportation including planes, trains, and buses
4. Public Libraries
7. Consignment stores, thrift shops, yard sales
9. Office buildings
10. Retail stores
Those public spaces essentially act as transfer hubs for bed bugs. It's the perfect opportunity for them to hitch a ride to their next destination. As more people are traveling through the United States and abroad, bed bugs are likely traveling with them. Obviously, it's hard to avoid most of those places, especially if you travel frequently, so we've created a travel checklist to ensure you don't bring bed bugs into your home.
1. Pull back bed linens to check for signs of bed bugs, exoskeletons, and spotting. Resembles black pepper on mattress
2. Always look behind the headboard if possible
3. Always check the dust ruffle on the bed
4. Try not to ever use the dressers provided by the hotel
5. Leave all clothing in your luggage at all times
6. If you can, put your luggage in the bathroom at night
7. When you return home, always run any clothing you traveled with through the dryer for at least 30 minutes.
8. Leave luggage outside of your home (i.e. garage, storage unit, etc.)
9. Inspect all belongings for any signs of bed bugs
If you live in the Charlotte Metro area and are a frequent traveler or you frequently host out of town guests, Killingsworth Environmental can safeguard your home with a one-year bed bug warranty. This offer includes an inspection with one of our K-9 scent detection teams to ensure there is no bed bug activity in your residence. If any live activity occurs during the one-year period, the warranty includes a free remedial treatment ($1,500 value) to dispose of the bed bugs.
Protect yourself and your home. Schedule an appointment with our bed bug experts today!
Great, now I'm all itchy and stuff...